Recipe of the Month
Loaded Potato Soup (for a slow cooker)
- 6 Potatoes (about 7 cups)
- 1 Onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 16oz diced Ralph's Boneless Ham
- 1 can of Cream of Celery soup (10.5oz)
- 1 can Vegetable or Chicken broth (14.5oz)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 16oz Ralph's Sugar Cured Bacon slices (cooked and crumbled into bits)
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker (Crockpot).
- Add diced onion, ham, cream of celery soup, vegetable or chicken broth, water, minced garlic, and black pepper. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. You want the potatoes to be tender.
- An hour before you're ready to serve the soup, add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar. Whisk together flour and milk in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker, continue cooking.
- Garnish with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon bits.